Last Updated: 9 April, 2021
- THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide
We process Personal Information shared by our Users within the context of performing the services available on the Site (the “Service”). You or your child can use certain Services available on the Site without actively submitting any information, but some of the Services may allow you or your child to provide personal information. In this event, the information we may request are the following:
- Identifiers such as name, username, country of residence, phone number, email address, mailing address, username, and password when you register on our Site and/or create a user account, enter a promotion, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account;
- Transaction information you provide when you request information, contact us for assistance, or place an order, return and cancellation requests, or exchange a product or service from us, such as your postal address, telephone number, and payment information;
- Parent or guardian contact information;
- Where you have allowed access to that information from your mobile device, we may use geolocation data, such as GPS signals, device sensors, Wi-Fi access points, and cell tower IDs. We do not collect such information from Services that are directed to children;
- Payment Transaction Information. We may collect and store information related to purchases made through the e-commerce services we offer (“Club Mundo Kids Store”). You may provide certain information to complete payments via the Site, including your credit or debit card number, card expiration date, CVV code, and billing address (collectively, “Payment Information“), along with your name and billing, delivery and shipping address, to complete payment transactions through certain Services. If you choose to purchase any products or services online via the Club Mundo Kids Store using a credit card, your credit card information (i.e., credit card number, CVC code, and expiration date) will be encrypted and securely transmitted to our 3rd party credit card transaction processor. Club Mundo Kids works with Service Providers (as defined in Section III below) to handle payment transactions.
Information Collected Automatically
We automatically collect personal information when you or your child access and use our Site, including:
- Device and network identifiers such as IP address, mobile advertising ID, media access control (MAC) address, and identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons and similar technologies we deploy on the Services.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your Internet service provider (ISP), browser type and operating system version, language settings, access times, pages viewed, the routes by which you access the Services, and your use of any hyperlinks available within the Services.
Information From Third Parties and Derived Information
Where we collect information from adults or from portions of the Services that are not directed to children, we may collect personal information from third parties to supplement the information we collect from you directly. We do this so that we can show offers that are more relevant to your interests and to better understand our users. We may derive information or draw inferences about you or your child based on the information we, or our partners, collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location (e.g., country, state, and city) based on your IP address. Please note that all the information we collect may be combined and used for the purposes described in Section II below “How We May Use Personal Information”.
- HOW WE MAY USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may collect and use information about you or your child for the following purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the experience, products, and Services you request, view, engage with or purchase on the Site;
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Site, as well as to develop new content and features;
- Perform our contractual obligations to you;
- Respond to customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our Sites and applications or changes to our policies;
- Process or fulfill orders and transactions;
- Create, maintain, and service your user account;
- Send newsletters, postcards, or messages you or your child request;
- Enable you or your child to participate in interactive features of the Site;
- Enable you or your child to participate in sweepstakes, contests, or promotions;
- Conduct internal research and development;
- Analyze traffic and user activities on the Site, identify popular areas or features, and optimize and personalize the Site;
- Debug the Services to identify and repair errors;
- Protect the rights and property of Club Mundo Kids and others;
- Comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and other illegal activities, and to enforce our agreements.
- HOW WE MIGHT DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Club Mundo Kids does not sell personal information collected from children we know to be under 16. Club Mundo Kids does not share your personal information with a third party outside except in the following limited circumstances:
- Within the Group. We may disclose personal information to other Club Mundo Kids or related companies, our parent company, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, for the purposes described in Section III.
- With our Service Providers. We share personal information with unaffiliated companies or individuals we hire or work with that perform services on our behalf, including customer support, payment services (as described in Section II above), or others who assist us in fulfilling orders or transactions, web hosting, information technology, and analytics services.
- In Connection with a Corporate Transaction. Personal information may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations for, any purchase, sale, lease, merger, or any other type of acquisition, disposal, or financing involving Club Mundo Kids, its parent entities, or related brands.
- With Our Partners. We may occasionally offer co-branded services and features, such as events and promotions that we put together with another company (“Co-Branded Partner“). Such services may be hosted on a Site and/or our Co-Branded Partner’s website. The Partner will be identified on the co-branded feature or service. We may share your information with such Co-Branded Partner in such cases. If you want to opt-out of the Co-Branded Partner’s use of your personal information, please contact the Co-Branded Partner in question. We do not offer co-branded services or features on portions of the Services that are designed for children.
- With Your Consent. We share personal information with third parties (e.g., social network platform) when you or your child, if they are between 13-16, ask us to do so, at your sole discretion.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Club Mundo Kids seeks to ensure all users and their children are provided with the rights mandated by their governing jurisdiction. Not all of the rights discussed herein will apply to each individual data subject and may not apply to you depending upon your jurisdiction. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
Newsletters, Subscriptions, and Membership
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as emails about your account or orders from us. We do not send marketing communications to children. You may modify or terminate your subscription or membership with us.
When you use any of our mobile apps that collect precise location information, you may be asked to consent to the collection of this information. You can change your preferences at any time through the settings on your mobile device.
We do not collect precise location information from children.
You may correct, update and delete your User Account on the Site.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts and Local Notifications
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
We do not send push notifications to children, but we may use “local notifications” that are sent directly through a mobile app to your or your child’s device (and do not require an internet connection). We may use these local notifications to notify you or your child of new content or events within the app, among other reasons.
Do Not Track
Like many other companies, we do not honor DNT flags but instead offer other choices with respect to third-parties. Many third-parties participate in self-regulation to offer you a choice regarding receiving targeted ads. Please note that you’ll still see generic ads after opting out, but they won’t be based on your activities online. On the web, you can opt out of participating companies by visiting the following sites:
If you wish to similarly opt out of cross-app advertising on mobile devices, you can enable the Limit Ad Tracking flag on the device. Enabling Limit Ad Tracking sends a flag to third-parties that you wish to opt out of targeted advertising on that device, and major mobile platforms require companies to honor this flag. Screenshots on how to find these options on various devices are available here: https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices. To learn how to opt out on other devices, please visit the platform’s privacy policies for more information.
Other Rights in Your Jurisdiction
Depending on the law in your jurisdiction, you may have additional rights (i.e., California Resident), such as rights to access, correction and deletion of your personal information. If you have any questions about what rights and choices apply in your jurisdiction, please feel free to contact us.
On our Site or portion of the Site that is directed to children, we do not use, or allow our partners to use, automatically collected information, such as IP addresses, cookie identifiers, and other device identifiers, other than for purposes of supporting our internal operations, such as to provide children with access to features and activities on the Site, to customize content and improve our Site. We do not allow online behavioral advertising, sometimes called personalized advertising or tailored advertising to children or teens under 16.
- WEBSITES AND DATA COLLECTION OF THIRD PARTIES
Please consult the privacy policies of any social media services or other third parties with which you share information in this manner to learn about the social media platform’s data practices.
- DATA STORAGE AND SECURITY
We store the personal information we collect for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may also retain personal information as required by law. Wherever your personal information is stored by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information. These steps may include implementing standard contractual clauses were recognized by law, obtaining your consent, or other lawful means of transferring personal information.
Club Mundo Kids cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to help preserve the integrity and security of all personal Information collected. Club Mundo Kids undertakes to implement and maintain, at its own expense, appropriate technical and organizational measures regarding the processing and security of personal information, in accordance with the applicable personal information protection laws. We ensure that these technical and organizational measures are, at all times, adapted to the particular risks presented by its processing activities, with regard to the nature of the information collected, in particular, to protect the personal information against accidental or illicit destruction, loss, modification, unauthorized disclosure or access. Thus, regarding the technical measures put in place by Club Mundo Kids:
- all Personal Information is stored and backed up on remote servers protected against third party attacks);
- our databases are secured by complex passwords;
- computer stations are locked automatically and can only be unlocked with a login and password;
- management software is only accessible with usernames and passwords. As far as organizational measures are concerned, only certain managerial employees of Club Mundo Kids or authorized Service Providers performing contractual obligations requiring the transfer of certain Personal Information, are authorized to access the Personal Information. We also undertake to keep, update and preserve complete and accurate records concerning the processing of personal information that it implements. These records detail its processing activities.
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, We will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those Users whose personal information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Children’s Information. We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections when it comes to children. Some of the Services are directed to children, while other Services or portions of them are intended for use by adults and teens age 13 and older. For Services that are directed to children or that allow children to submit personal information, we will collect, use, and disclose personal information as described this Section VIII.
Your Consent. Children should at all times, obtain their guardian or parent’s permission before using the Site specifically, and any online service in general. Similarly, parents and guardians should always monitor children’s online activities to ensure children’s safety. Where we allow children to create a User Account or otherwise interact with us over time, we first ask for a date of birth or age to determine the user’s age and if the user is 13 or under we may limit their access and use of certain features of the Site on this basis.
Additionally, we will ask for a parent or guardian name and email address in order to send verifiable parent consent. Please note that we will not collect children’s information before obtaining this parental consent. In order to obtain your consent, we will request your name and email address and send you an email requesting your parental consent. When we do this, we delete the name and email address provided if a parent does not timely respond to the request for consent. When establishing a User Account, we further strongly advise children never to provide any personal information in their usernames.
Please note that you can refuse to permit us to collect personal information from your child and can request that we delete from our records the personal information we have collected.
Content Generated by a Child. Certain activities on our Site allow children to create or manipulate content and save it with us. Some of these activities do not require children to provide any personal information and therefore may not result in notice to the parent or require parental consent. If an activity potentially allows a child to insert personal information in their created content, we will either pre-screen the submission to delete any personal information, or we will seek verifiable parental consent by email or automatically generated on the Site for the collection. Examples of created content that may include personal information are stories or other open-text fields, and drawings that allow text or free-hand entry of information. If, in addition to collecting content that includes personal information, We also plans to post the content publicly or share it with a third party for the third party’s own use, we will obtain a higher level of parental consent .
Other Rights in Your Jurisdiction
Depending on the applicable law in your jurisdiction, you may have additional rights, such as rights to access, correction and deletion of your Personal Information. If you have any questions about what rights and choices apply in your jurisdiction, please feel free to contact us.
If you have any questions or concerns about our approach to children’s privacy, you, as a parent, want to access the data of your child, or request the deletion of your child’s data, please submit email us at [email protected].
CONTACT US If you have any questions about our information handling practices, including our practices with respect to children’s personal information in connection with the Services, you may email us at [email protected] with the subject line “Privacy Rights”.